Thursday, September 13, 2007

09.13.07 Spent a Little More Than Expected

During the phase of my engine rebuild, I was informed that I had a clogged Cat. I was not getting much power and the car felt EXTREMELY Sluggish! In addition to that, I have mismatching Muffler Tips. I knew I had to break in my engine ASAP and change my clogged cat. I thought to myself, if im gonna change the cat, might as well change the whole exhaust system. It will save time and money as a whole. Little did I know that changing the exhaust can lead to so many new purchases. I purchased the Apexi Dual N1 Exhaust, only to find out the day after that it only gives about 10-12 HP to the wheels. However, the Racing Beat REV-TII Exhaust produces a Whooping 59 HPgain. I was GREATLY dissapointed as a result, I searched high and low to get the Apexi Exhaust to as close to 59 HP as possible. This resulted in me buying the Racing Beat REV TII Downpipe and a Fuel Cut Controller. I thought I was done, until I found out that by using the Fuel Cut Controller, my stock boost gauge will no longer be accurate which will result in purchasing a new boost gauge. Unfortunately, I got laid off so the boost gauge will have to wait and my mods will come to a halting stop until i get a new better, stable job.

Bonez 3" Hi-Flow Cat
$235.21 including tax & shipping (http://rx7.com/store/rx7/fcexhaust.html)

Apexi Dual N1 CatBack Exhaust
$595 + $72 Shipping (The Shop)
Installation - $45

Racing Beat REV TII 3" Down Pipe
$155
Racing Beat Fuel Cut Controller
$98
Tax & Shipping For Both Items $35.74
(racingbeat.com)
Total - $288.74
Installation - $75

Copper Exhaust Wrap - $15
Wrap Downipe - $15
Weld & Extend Cat to fit downpipe and cat - $40
Heavy Duty Trunk Pop - $25
Installation - $22.50
(The Shop)

Grand Total = $1443.54
Total To Date = $6268.96


Apexi Dual N1


Muffler ..............................................Y-Pipe


Racing Beat 3" REV TII Down Pipe


Built With High Quality...........................Bonez 3" Hi-Flow Cat


Bonez 3" Hi-Flow Cat...........................A look inside the 3" Cat


Racing Beat Fuel Cut Controller


Old Y-Pipe and Cat


?? Precat?


Old Muffler Tips


Before .............................................After


After removing all the bubble wrap


Apexi Y-Pipe Installed


Muffler Tip

No comments: